Switching network interview Questions
1. Difference between hub, bridge and switch?
2. What is mac address and why it is required?
3. In layer 2 domain do we need ip address for communication?
4. What is arp and why it is required?
5. What is Spanning Tree Protocol aka STP?
6. What is the difference between STP, MSTP, PVST and RSTP?
7. Can we use the two same paths for same vlan?
8. What is the difference between broadcast and collision domain?
9. Define type of lan traffic.
10. What is destination address of broadcast frame?
11. Can we connect a switch to switch with straight cable?
12. Define functions of switch.
13. What is arp timeout?
14. What is aging process?
15. What is BPDU?
16. What is path cost?
17. Define selection criteria of STP root bridge.
18. How to non bridge decide which port will elect as root port?
19. If a nonroot bridge has two redundant ports with the same root path cost, how does the bridge choose which port will be the root port?
20. Port states of spanning tree protocol.
21. If the users face delay during initial login, what you will suggest to implement?
22. Why spanning tree BPDU filter is used?
23. Can I use BPDU filter on trunk ports?
24. What is port security?
25. I want to learn only a single mac from the port, what need to be configured?
26. Can we use spanning port-fast on trunk ports?
27. If management ip address is changed, will user’s traffic will be dropped?
28. Difference between trunk and access port?
29. What is UDLD and why it is required?
30. What is interface vlan on switch?