Dell Interview Questions for Manager
1. Sometimes we need to recommend to our colleagues or staff new internal processes to improve team performance. Tell me about a time when you had to convince your colleagues or staff to try out and use more effective team processes.
2. Tell me about a time that you had to take charge in a tough situation. What made the situation tough? What did you do and what happened as a result?
3. Tell me about a time when you had an opportunity to bring added value to a client or customer.
4. Tell me about a situation where you had to face multiple demands or where priorities kept changing. How did you deal with that?
5. Tell me about a situation when your ability to develop others led to the successful completion of a project.
6. Tell me about a time when you took the initiative to make a quick and risky decision in order to seize a business opportunity.
7. Provide me an example of a time when you had to consider the financial implications of a decision you made.
8. Give me an example of a time when you used your expertise to persuade another individual or group to accept or endorse an idea.
9. Describe a hiring mistake you made. When did you realize you had made a poor hiring decision? What did you do to rectify the situation? What was the outcome?
10. Give me an example of time when you were able to share what you had learned in a particular area with others.
11. Describe a time when you had to rely on personal or professional integrity to achieve a result.
12. Describe for me a situation where you used your knowledge of the business to develop and plan a strategic solution.
13. Describe a situation in which you managed a project or group of very different people. How did you appeal to each person? How did you motivate them? What was the outcome?