Advantages disadvantages of 3g technology?
Advantages of 3G:
- Overcrowding is relieved in existing systems with radio spectrum
- Bandwidth, security and reliability are more
- Provides interoperability among service providers
- Availability of fixed and variable rates
- Support to devices with backward compatibility with existing networks
- Always online devices – 3G uses IP connectivity which is packet based
- Rich multi media services are available
- The cost of cellular infrastructure , upgrading base stations is very high
- Needs different handsets.
- Roaming and data/voice work together has not yet been implemented
- Power consumption is high
- Requires closer base stations and are expensive
- Spectrum-license costs, network deployment costs and handset subsidies subscribers are tremendous.