GPRS ( General Packet Radio Service)
- Packet oriented mobile data service available to the users of 2G cellular systems.
- It is global system for communicating through mobile phones using GSM as well as in 3G systems.
- GPRS data transfer is charged per MB of traffic transferred, where as in circuit switching, data transfer is charged per minute of connection time
- GPRS is better packet switching service, as opposed to circuit switching.
- 2G cellular systems are combined with GPRS and known as 2.5G.
- Provides moderate speed data transfer by using unused TDMA channels, such as GSM.