Essar Written and Interview Questions
1) Composition of gunmetal?.
2) What is the fuel used in airplanes?.
3) Specific heat capacity of air?.
4) Melting point of Aluminum?.
5) If a ball is kept at aheight of x(m),from that position it is dropeed .Does the p.e is equal to the K.e if the ball goes inside the earth as same distance where it is relieved?.
6) Viscosity of the lubricant ———- with increase in temperature?.
7) What amount of power required to make the 2-strke petrol engine to 4-stroke diesel engine?
8)Which engine is the most efficient in terms of compression ratio?
9) for the same compression ratio heat removed in each cycle is efficient in otto or diesel cycle?.
10) Use of draft tube in turbine ?.a) to increase work o/p of runner b) To increase turbine output.
11) Percentage of carbon in toolsteel?.
12) Introduction of sulphur in mild steel increases or decreases the machinability?.
13) Is bernoullis theorem is applicable for steady or unsteady flow?.
14) Axial turbine is of which type?.a) high head b) low head.
15) corrosion is inhibited due to oxidation or reduction?.
16) Binary power cycle uses ———as working fluid?.
17) the purpose of runner in casting ———-
18) Shape of a u.d.l.of cantilever beam is?.
19) which has high coefficient of friction ?.disc or band brakes
20) Engine valve seat is cooled at —– temperature in liquid nitrogen
Ans : (-180C)
21)Bucling is high in bar which is greater or smaller in length?.
22) Formula for deflection of beam?
23) Which law says that pressure can be transferred from onr point to another in an undiminished form?.
24) Is Vane pump is Positive or non-positive displacement pump?.
25) As the altitude why density of the decreases?.
26) In the reversible adiabatic process entrophy is constant or not?
27) In which process the temperature of the system changes but there is no heat transfer to the surroundings?