A 20 litre mixture of milk and water contains milk and water in the ratio 3 : 2. 10 litres of the mixture is removed and replaced with pure milk and the operation is repeated once more. At the end of the two removal and replacement, what is the ratio of milk and water in the resultant mixture?
17 : 3
9 : 1
3 : 17
5 : 3
2. In what ratio must a person mix three kinds of tea costing Rs.60/kg, Rs.75/kg and Rs.100 /kg so that the resultant mixture when sold at Rs.96/kg yields a profit of 20%?
1 : 2 : 4
3 : 7 : 6
1 : 4 : 2
None of these
3. A merchant mixes three varieties of rice costing Rs.20/kg, Rs.24/kg and Rs.30/kg and sells the mixture at a profit of 20% at Rs.30 / kg. How many kgs of the second variety will be in the mixture if 2 kgs of the third variety is there in the mixture?
4. How many litres of water should be added to a 30 litre mixture of milk and water containing milk and water in the ratio of 7 : 3 such that the resultant mixture has 40% water in it?
None of these
5. How many kgs of Basmati rice costing Rs.42/kg should a shopkeeper mix with 25 kgs of ordinary rice costing Rs.24 per kg so that he makes a profit of 25% on selling the mixture at Rs.40/kg?
6. How many litres of a 12 litre mixture containing milk and water in the ratio of 2 : 3 be replaced with pure milk so that the resultant mixture contains milk and water in equal proportion?
7. A sample of x litres from a container having a 60 litre mixture of milk and water containing milk and water in the ratio of 2 : 3 is replaced with pure milk so that the container will have milk and water in equal proportions. What is the value of x?
None of these
8. A zookeeper counted the heads of the animals in a zoo and found it to be 80. When he counted the legs of the animals he found it to be 260. If the zoo had either pigeons or horses, how many horses were there in the zoo?
9. From a cask of milk containing 30 litres, 6 litres are drawn out and the cask is filled up with water. If the same process is repeated a second, then a third time, what will be the number of litres of milk left in the cask?
10. In a km race, A gives B a start of 20 seconds and beats him by 40m. However, when he gives B a start of 25 seconds they finish in a dead heat. What is A's speed in m/sec?
There are 65 students in a class. Among them, Rs.39 is distributed so that each boy gets 80 paisa and each girl gets 30 paisa. Find the no. of boys and girls in that class.
A person travels 285 km in 6 hour. In the 1st part of the journey he travels at 40 km/hr by bus. In the 2nd part, he travels at 55 km/hr by train. How much distance does he travel by train?
A trader has 50 kg of pulses, part of which he sells at 8% profit and the rest at 18% profit. He gains 14% on the whole. What is the quantity sold at 18% profit?
A container contains 7 part milk and 3 part water. How many parts of mixture should be taken out and replaced by water so that container contains half milk and half water?
Weights of two friends Ram and Shyam are in the ratio of 4: 5. Ram’s weight increases by 10% and the total weight of Ram and Shyam together becomes 82.8 kg, with an increase of 15%. By what per cent did the weight of Shyam increase?