Thinkers - microsoft Interview questions
* How are M&Ms made?
* If you had a clock with lots of moving mechanical parts, you took it apart
piece by piece without keeping track of the method of how it was disassembled,
then you put it back together and discovered that 3 important parts were not
included; how would you go about reassembling the clock?
* If you had to learn a new computer language, how would you go about doing it?
* You have been assigned to design Bill Gates bathroom. Naturally, cost is not a
consideration. You may not speak to Bill.
* What was the hardest question asked of you so far today?
* If MS told you we were willing to invest $5 million in a start up of your
choice, what business would you start? Why?
* If you could gather all of the computer manufacturers in the world together
into one room and then tell them one thing that they would be compelled to do,
what would it be?
* Explain a scenario for testing a salt shaker.
* If you are going to receive an award in 5 years, what is it for and who is the
* How would you explain how to use Microsoft Excel to your grandma?
* Why is it that when you turn on the hot water in any hotel, for example, the
hot water comes pouring out almost instantaneously?
* Why do you want to work at Microsoft?
* Suppose you go home, enter your house/apartment, hit the light switch, and
nothing happens - no light floods the room. What exactly, in order, are the
steps you would take in determining what the problem was?
* Interviewer hands you a black pen and says nothing but "This pen