What is the difference between hibernate and jdbc ?
1) Hibernate is data base independent, In case of JDBC query must be data base specific.
2) As Hibernate is set of Objects , SQL Language learning is not required. TABLE can be treated as Java Object 3) Don?t need Query tuning in case of Hibernate. If you use Criteria Quires in Hibernate then hibernate automatically tuned your query and return best result with performance. In case of JDBC you need to tune your queries.
4) You will get benefit of Cache. Hibernate support two level of cache. First level and 2nd level. So you can store your data into Cache for better performance. In case of JDBC you need to implement your java cache .
5) Hibernate supports Query cache and It will provide the statistics about your query and database status. JDBC Not provides any statistics.
6) Development fast in case of Hibernate because you don?t need to write queries
7) No need to create any connection pool in case of Hibernate. You can use c3p0. In case of JDBC you need to write your own connection pool
8) In the xml file you can see all the relations between tables in case of Hibernate. Easy readability.
9) You can load your objects on start up using lazy=false in case of Hibernate. JDBC Don?t have such support. <> 10 ) Hibernate Supports automatic versioning of rows but JDBC does not.