OS operating system interview at TechMahindra
Interview is for System Programmer
1. What is MUTEX ?
2. What isthe difference between a ‘thread’ and a ‘process’?
3. What is INODE?
4. Explain the working of Virtual Memory.
5. How does Windows NT supports Multitasking?
6. Explain the Unix Kernel.
7. What is Concurrency? Expain with example Deadlock and Starvation.
8. What are your solution strategies for “Dining Philosophers Problem” ?
9. Explain Memory Partitioning, Paging, Segmentation.
10. Explain Scheduling.
11. Operating System Security.
12. What is Semaphore?
13. Explain the following file systems : NTFS, Macintosh(HPFS), FAT .
14. What are the different process states?
15. What is Marshalling?
16. Define and explain COM?
17. What is Marshalling?
18. Difference - Loading and Linking ?
19.Which version of linux did you use?
C and C++ Questions
1.Why did you use C++ ?As when we are able to do every thing by C?
2.What is Polymorphism?
3.Difference between Structure and Class?
4.What are Template?
5.Write a reverse String program in C as well in C++?
6.Can you implement any of small OS Concept and show?