1. What is the difference between a latch and a flip flop. For the same input, how would the output look for a latch and for a flip-flop.
2. Finite state machines:
(2.1)Design a state-machine (or draw a state-diagram) to give an output '1' when the # of A's are even and # of B's are odd. The input is in the form of a serial-stream (one-bit per clock cycle). The inputs could be of the type A, B or C. At any given clock cycle, the output is a '1', provided the # of A's are even and # of B's are odd. At any given clock cycle, the output is a '0', if the above condition is not satisfied.
(2.2). To detect the sequence "abca" when the inputs can be a b c d.
3. minimize a boolean expression.
4. Draw transistor level nand gate.
5. Draw the cross-section of a CMOS inverter.
6. Deriving the vectors for the stuck at 0 and stuck at 1 faults.
7. Given a boolean expression he asked me to implement just with muxes but nothing else.
8. Draw Id Vds curves for mosfets and explain different regions.
9. Given the transfer characteristics of a black box draw the circuit for the black box.
10. Given a circuit and its inputs draw the outputs exact to the timing.
11. Given an inverter with a particular timing derive an inverter using the previous one but with the required timing other than the previous one.
12. Change the rise time and fall time of a given circuit by not changing the transistor sizes but by using current mirrors. 13. Some problems on clamping diodes.