Infosys Puzzle test written test
1. A man plants a small plant in the centre of his garden. It doubles in size everyday. If it covers the entire garden in 50 days then what is the time taken to fill half the garden?
2. There are 3 children A,B,C & they have 20 sweets. 1st type of sweet costs 4 cents,2nd type is 4 for 1 penny ,3rd type is 2 for 1penny. If the total cost is Rs 20 then what is the no of each type of sweet
3. 2 taps A & B so that A fills atank in 10 min & B fills it in 1/4 of an hr. C empties the tank in 7&half min. Tot time to fill the tank with all 3 fning together?
4. Jim ,Harry,Mark & Smith have occupations – policeman, druggist ,grocer&butcher. Under given conditions find their respective occupations. – Jim and Harry being neighbours who take turns to drive each other to work -Butcher walks to work. -The only time the policeman saw the grocer was when the former fined the latter for overspeeding. -The policeman does not live near the butcher etc.
5. In a certain island natives speak lies & visitors speak truth. I was on a visit there & asked the waiter in a hotel to tell me whether the woman sitting opp to me was a native or not. He came & said that “She says that she is a visitor here”. Can you infer whether the waiter is a native / visitor?
6. K,L,M,N,O,P are the 6 members of a family. P is the sister of M. L is the brother of O’s husband. N is the father of K & the grand father of M.There are 2 fathers, 3 brothers & 1 mother in the family. Based on this some questions are there.
(Answer:N-grandfather,L&K-his sons,K-husband of O,M&P are the son & daughter of K&O)
7. My boss spent 1/6th of his life as a boy, 1/12th in business & 5&1/7 yrs somewhere else which brings him to the time Jim was born. Jim was made the alderman 4 yrs back when he was 1/2 of the boss’s age. What is the boss’s age?
(Answer: 36&4/7 – not sure)
8. Information about a survey regarding students liking 1 poet despising another etc given & based on it some questions are there.
9. A thief breaks into a jewellery store and takes 1/2 +2 present, continues till 5th thief finds 1 diamond remaining
10. Holmes watch 2 min fast,Watson s is 1 min slow.If diff b/w time shown is 1hr then when the watches set before at right time?
Q1) There is a number which is less than 500,and is divisible by 1/3,1/4,1/5,1/7.Find the number. (3 marks)
ANS) LCM of 3,4,5,7=420
Q2) A+B+C+D=D+E+F+G=G+H+I=17 & A=4.Find the valus of D and G.(5 marks)
ANS) You need to do simple algebraic steps n ll get the answer.
Q3)A lady gives half of what she has and 1 cent to the 1st person,then half of what s left and 2cents to the 2nd person finally half of what s left and 3cents to the 3rd person n she is left with 1 penny.how much she had whn she started off?(6 marks)
ANS)Shakunta devi question/puzzle
Q4)A,B,C,D,E were 5 persons. A and B were chatting in english when D joined and they started talkingi in spanish which is the only common language between them.. Similarly some knew portugese,french,italian. Its a repeated questions .(8 marks)
Q5)A,B,C,D were 4 persons. They decided to go 2 different places – hardware shop, bank, grocery, jwelery shop. Then some conditions were provided like monday hardware shop is closed, tuesday jwelery, thursday grocery and bank is open on only monday, tuesday, wednesday. All of them are closed are closed on sundays.
A:me and D decied to come early this week but couldnot come.
B:i couldnot do what i wanted ,but if i ahd come yesterday or tomorrow then it wud ve been wise.
C:i have no problem as i can do wht i want even today and yesterday and also tomorrow.
D:i would have come yesterday or day before so tht i cud have done my work. Basing on these you have to tell who were to go which place.(8 marks)
Q6)John asked his father to tell him his father’s age. To which his father replied”my father was X yrs old in the year X^2,obviously we r speaking of the 20th century”. When was grandfather born?(3 marks)
Q7)Shakuntala devi questions on bees..