HP Mercury’s LoadRunner is a performance testing and load testing tool by for evaluating the system performance while generating simulated load. By using LoadRunner, we can emulate hundreds and thousands of concurrent users to the application or software product; so that it can be tested under a heavy real life user loads.
LoadRunner consists of three components:
- Virtual User Generator called as VuGen
2. Controller: After creating the script in VuGen, Controller is used to run the script. It controls load generators and scenarios associated with them. Normally, LoadRunner use various machines called as Load Generators to generate load. Each test run is configured with a scenario that describe:
- What all scripts will run
- When they will run
- How many virtual users will run
- Which Load Generators will be used for each script
3. Analysis: Once the run is completed after setting the scenario, the result of the scenario is viewed using Analysis tool. This component creates the graphs for the performance tester to view. Graphs can also be merged to get a good analysis of the performance. Reports including all the necessary graphs can be saved in various formats like HTML and Microsoft Word format etc.