Microsoft Networks and Security Interview Questions
1. How do you use RSA for both authentication and secrecy?
2. What is ARP and how does it work?
3. What's the difference between a switch and a router?
4. Name some routing protocols? (RIP,OSPF etc..)
5. How do you do authentication with message digest(MD5)? (Usually MD is used for finding tampering of data)
6. How do you implement a packet filter that distinguishes following cases and selects first case and rejects second case.
i) A host inside the corporate n/w makes a ftp request to outside host and the outside host sends reply.
ii) A host outside the network sends a ftp request to host inside. for the packet filter in both cases the source and destination fields will look the same.
7. How does traceroute work? Now how does traceroute make sure that the packet follows the same path that a previous (with ttl - 1) probe packet went in?
8. Explain Kerberos Protocol ?
9. What are digital signatures and smart cards?
10. Difference between discretionary access control and mandatory access control?