- Why is Bluetooth called a cable replacement technology? -
Bluetooth technology allows the creation of Personal Area Networks without cables or wires that are usual in home networks.
- Give a generic description of Bluetooth? -
Bluetooth is a low-cost, short-range (RF) links between mobile PCs, mobile phones and other portable devices. Bluetooth can transmit through solid, non-metal objects.
- Why can Bluetooth equipment integrate easily in TCP/IP network? - Because Bluetooth uses wireless LAN standards IEEE for data transmission.
- Is it possible to connect multiple Bluetooth hubs? -
No, only one hub can be used at a time with a computer. USB or Serial devices can be added.
- What is Piconet? -
A collection of devices connected through Bluetooth technology in an ad hoc fashion.
- What are the three main types of connection used by Bluetooth? -
Single slave, Master slave, Scatternet .
- What is FEC in Bluetooth? -
Forward Error Correction is a method by which Bluetooth increases its noise immunity. FEC is a method that enables a receiver to not only detect, but also correct errors in a transmission.
- Which method is primarily used for Voice transfer? -
Synchronous Connection Oriented (SCO) is a method primarily used for Voice transfer.
- Which Bluetooth version uses adaptive frequency hopping? Why? -
In Version 1.2 Adaptive frequency hopping method is used, which improves resistance to radio interference, and provides higher transmission speed.
- How many SCO links are there in a piconet? -
In a piconet, there can be up to three SCO links of 64,000 bits per second each.
- what is the total number of masters and slaves in a piconet? -
1 Master and 7 Slaves.
- Which method is used for Data transfer? -
Asynchronous Connectionless (ACL) is Data transfer method in Bluetooth
Bluetooth interview question and answers