Honeywell Interview Written test paper
Here you have some of the Honeywell interview question papers:
1) Binary search tree is used in
a) sorting b)searching c)indexing d)all the above
2) Given a tree..write the preorder traversal
3) Given an infix expression..write its postfix
4) First general purpose microprocessor
a) 2002 b)4004 c)8080 d)8085
5) What is 8253
6) ____flag is not used in 8085 jump instructions
7) SNMP is used in which layer
8) Banker's algorithm is used for
9) Belady's anomaly is related to___
10) Which of the following is non-preemptive
a) FIFO b)SJF c)Round robin d)all the above
11 )A relation in 3NF is in______
12) A question on serializability
13) One SQL query
14) Functional dependency one question
15) The first general purpose microprocessor is ____-bit
16) In a three byte instruction the second byte indicates____
17) Average case analysis for partition exchange sort
18) How the receiver knows to what service the packet to be forwarded?
19) Given a binary sign magnitude no:..write its decimal
20) The order in which data is transferred frm magnetic disk
disk->main mem->cache->h/w register
21) In which layer of the network datastructure format change is done
22) Which of the following allow parallel & serial connections
a)DHCP b)PPP c)IPX d)all the above
23) Given some IP addresses...identify which one is IPv6?
24) Open addressing and chaining is used in
a)sorting b)indexing c)collision-resolution d)none of the above
25) Storage space requirement for diff: sorts in the descending order
26) Which scheduling policy is used in unix..
27) In database which mechanism is suitable for recovery?
a)checkpointing b)indexing... c) d)
28) Which of the following is not correct?
a)arrays consume less space
b)linked lists are more complex
c)linked lists use less space
29)which of the following is not correct?
a)main does not have arguments
b)main can have command line arguments
c)main have variable arguments
30) Which of the following is not correct?
a)function can call itself
b)function can have no return type
c)function cannot have multiple return statements
d)function can have arguments
31) When an interrupt is called control is given to..
a)interrupt vector table
b)interrupt service routine
32) Which of the following is not a synchronization tool
a)semaphore b)mutex c)mutual exclusion d)message passing
33) Given a graph write the BFS for it
34) How can u increase ports of a microprocessor?
a)8255 b)8259 c)8253 d)8251
35) What is 8259?
36) Which of the following maintains a constant time(best,worst,average)?
a)searching b)sorting c)indexing d)none
37) In a database a table is stored not fully..it is an example of
a)views b)logical data independence c)abstraction d)all the above
38) The time CPU takes to complete the execution of processes____
39) The minimum length of TCP/IP header and IP datagram header
40) Process spawning in OS is__________
41) The topology that uses a central hub is___
1 key constraints are .....for...
2 If a sinusoidal signal of 1100Hz is flat top sampled at a rate of 1800Hz,& this signal is passed through
an ideal LPF with cutoff 1KHZ,the o/p contains the following frequency components:
(This question was repeated again in the same paper !!!)
3 TRAP is _____interrupt
4 When the instruction RST is executed, the control jumps to location:
(d)none of the above
5 A memory cell in static Random Access Memory is made up of:
(a)6 mos transistors---ans
(b)1 mos transistor and 1 capacitor
(c)4 mos transistors and 2 capacitors
6 Worst case algorithm is meant for the case
(a)when sometimes favourable
(b)when worst unfavourable
7 A semaphore with negative count n(s=n) has how many processes in the Q?
8 If in a PCM system the no of bits used is increased from n to n+1,the signal-to-noise ratio
9 2 trains of length 110m & 90 m travelling at 45kmph & 50 kmph respectively..when will they pass each other?
10 From a circular sheet of radius 10cm , 40% is cut off & from the remaining portion a cone is constructed, what is the ratio of the radius of the cone to its height?
11 If a vessel contains 56 litres of a mixture of milk & water in the ratio 3:2..what amount of water
should be added to make the ratio 4:5?
12 2 pipes fill a cistern in 12 mins,pipe A is 3 times faster than pipe b...if only pipe B has to fill the cistern ,how long will it take?
13 #define ADD(X,Y) X+Y
Runtime error(linker error): _add undefined in module
14 Which of the following is illegal
(d)all are legal
15 #define int INTEGER/*line1*/
#define INTEGER int/*line 2*/
INTEGER p=10;/*line 5*/
(a)compiler error at line 1
(b)compiler error at line 2
(c)compiler error at line 5
(d)No error,prints 10
in the above program
(a)error b'coz for should have parameters
(b)error bcoz 2 semicolons in a for loop are invalid
(c)no error,loop is executed once
(d) no error ,loop is executed 10 times
(c)prints ILLO (i.e.'H' is incremented by 1)
18 The average temperature for monday,wednesday,thursday was 46 o C.the average temperature for tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday was 48(some no)..if temp on monday was 42 o C,what is the temperature on tuesday?
19 The average marks of 12 students was found to be......(some no)...it was later found that while entering the data , it had been entered as 74 instead of 50...and 20 instead of 24(nos are not the same)...what is the correct average?
20 If a lady bought a house & sold it at 25% more than what she had paid after 3 years,
she has to pay 50%tax on the gain...If C is the cost price,(gain=s.P-c.p),what tax did she
have to pay?
21 Some no of men(given)..complete a work in (given) no of days...after (some no) of days ..
some more(given no) men join them,they will finish the work in how many days?
22 If a car travels from A to B at a speed of 'x' kmph & travels back from B to A at 4/5th the speed
,then the total distance travelled in terms of percentage of x is?
(23)-(24)2 similar problems on a race..i.e.one travels at some speed gives a lead of some time or length
to the other....kind of problem..
25 A question on malloc
if malloc returned the address 1000;the value of p+1 is
26 A cascade amplifier is:
(a)a common emitter stage followed by a common base stage
(b)a common base followed by emitter follower
(d)a common base stage followed by a common emitter stage
27 A network has 7 nodes & 5 independent loops,the no of branches=?
28 Many nodes transmit at the same time .....collision occurs...retransmit.....what is this called?
29 If the characteristic impedance of a transmission line is 50ohms,at 1 end the impedance is
+j50 ohms,the VSWR =?
30 Minimum no of NAND gates required to realize the boolean eqn: Z=ABC?
31 It has been found that mercury poisoning due to industrial pollution causes Hobson's disease.
An island R is completely away from modern industry.People here follow subsistence agriculture method.
A high % of people in Island R are affected by Hobsons disease.From the above paragraph, we can deduce
(i)there must be another reason for Hobson's disease other than mercury posoning
(ii)mercury poisoning can be due to other reasons than industrial pollution
(c) i ,ii, iii
(d) i and ii
}...(some program similar to this one).
the program will be executed infinetely--ans
33 Which of these are legal?
i.a pointer to a function
ii.a pointer to a structure
ii.pointer to union
(b)i and ii
(a)error as struct within union is not allowed
(b)error as struct members have same name as union members
35 How many stacks are there in DOS?
36 What is the o/p?
Prepare yourself,Attend interview very bravely"ALL THE BEST GUYS".