3i Infotech Written test Paper,Interview
1.In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is
composed of girls
A.y/(x + y) B.x/xy C.x/(x + y) D.y/xy (Ans.C)
2. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filledwith a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
A.16 B.24 C.30 D.64 (Ans.D)
3. If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
A.0 B.1 C.-1 D.4 (Ans.B)
4. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm.grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. agm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade,how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
A.Rs.90 B.Rs.1.00 C.Rs.3.00 D.Rs.8.00 (Ans.C)
5. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on eachmaths problem as for each other question.How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
A.36 B.72 C.60 D.100 (Ans.B)
6. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
A.0 B.3 C.4 D.5 (Ans.B)
7. If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
A.1/4 B.1/2 C.1 D.2 (Ans.C)
8. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b < a (B) b > a (C) b = a (D) b >= a (Ans. A)
9. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played.After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a row to attain this average?
A. 12 B. 20 C. 24 D. 30 (Ans. C)
10. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
A. D/(M-3) B. MD/3 C. M/(D-3) D. 3D/(M2-3M) (Ans. D)
11. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 dayswhile Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
A. 7 B. 8 C. 11 D. 12 (Ans.C)
12. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
A. 30 B. 40 C.58 D. 60 (Ans. B)
13. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
A.-5 B. 4 C. 2 D. 8 (Ans. D)
14. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe (Ans 5c1/ 9c1)
15. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned (Ans: Rs 66/-)
16. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
17. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100% (Ans: 42.857%)
18. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square. (Ans. 11/14 )
19. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. Thethicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one.Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long ago did Ramesh light the two candles .
Ans: 3 hours.
20. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
21. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
22. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS &
parallelogram PQRST . (Ans: 1:2 )
23. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
(Ans: Rs 13.86/- )
24. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes (Ans: 6c2/10c2)
25. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. Whatis % alcohol. (Ans : 15% )
26. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker ? (Ans : 57.50 )
27. If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 which of the following is the largest?
(a) x b) x2 (c) –x (d) 1/x (Ans : (d) )
28. If the total distance of a journey is 120 km .If one goes by 60 kmph and comes back at 40kmph what is the average speed during the journey? Ans: 48kmph
29. A school has 30% students from Maharashtra .Out of these 20% are Bombey students. Find the total percentage of Bombay? (Ans: 6%)
30. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it? (Ans: 9)
31. If A/B = 3/5,then 15A = ? (Ans : 9B)
32. Each side of a rectangle is increased by 100% .By what percentage does the area increase? (Ans : 300%)
33. Perimeter of the back wheel = 9 feet, front wheel = 7 feet on a certain distance, the front wheel gets 10 revolutions more than the back wheel .What is the distance? Ans : 315 feet
34. Perimeter of front wheel =30, back wheel = 20. If front wheel revolves 240 times. How many revolutions will the back wheel take? Ans: 360 times
35. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution
36. City A's population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year.In how many years both the cities will have same population? (Ans: 130 years)
37. Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50kmph and the other at 40kmph . How much time will it take for the two cars to meet? (Ans: 3/2hours)
38. A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly one rupee.If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won't able to buy 3 paise stamps.Ans: 9
39. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls.
40. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3
(a) 22/62 (b) 15/46 (c) 2/3 (d) 1 (Ans: (b))
41. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is
circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
Ans: 1 : 2
42. Three types of tea the a,b,c costs Rs. 95/kg,100/kg and70/kg
respectively.How many kgs of each should be blended to produce 100 kg of mixture worth Rs.90/kg, given that the quntities of band c are equal
a)70,15,15 b)50,25,25 c)60,20,20 d)40,30,30 (Ans. (b))
43. in a class, except 18 all are above 50 years.15 are below 50 years of age. How many people are there
(a) 30 (b) 33 (c) 36 (d) none of these. (Ans. (d))
44. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14 km/hr and goes
downstream with a velocity of 40 km/hr, then what is the speed of the stream ?
(a) 13 km/hr (b) 26 km/hr (c) 34 km/hr (d) none of these (Ans. A)
45. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.075 +0.01)
(a) 0.845 (b) 1.908 (c) 2.312 (d) 0.001 (Ans. A)
46. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times faster than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will they take to do the work together ?
(a) 3 days (b) 8/9 days (c) 4 days (d) can't say (Ans. B)
47. A car travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs in forward journey, during the return journey increased speed 12km/hr takes the times 5 hrs.What is the distancetravelled
(a) 210 kms (b) 30 kms (c) 20 kms (c) none of these (Ans. B)
48. Instead of multiplying a number by 7, the number is divided by 7. What is the percentage of error obtained ?
49. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 7 (d) data insufficient (Ans. C)
50. A man buys 12 lts of liquid which contains 20% of the liquid and the rest iswater. He then mixes it with 10 lts of another mixture with 30% of liquid.What is the % of water in the new mixture?
51. If a man buys 1 lt of milk for Rs.12 and mixes it with 20% water and sells it for Rs.15, then what is the percentage of gain?
52. Pipe A can fill a tank in 30 mins and Pipe B can fill it in 28 mins.If 3/4thof the tank is filled by Pipe B alone and both are opened, how much time is required by both the pipes to fill the tank completely ?
53. If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit. If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit percentage.
(a) 40% (b) 55% (c) 35% (d) 30% (Ans. D)
54. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If howeverthere were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
(a) 110 men (b) 130 men (c) 100 men (d) none of these (Ans. A)
55. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(a) Rs. 500 (b) Rs. 600 (c) Rs. 800 (d) Rs. 900 (Ans. C)
56. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it become 9 times itself.
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 10 (d) 12 (Ans A)
57. Two trains move in the same direction at 50 kmph and 32 kmph respectively. A man in the slower train observes the 15 seconds elapse before the faster train completely passes by him. What is the length of faster train ?
(a) 100m (b) 75m (c) 120m (d) 50m (Ans B)
58. How many mashes are there in 1 squrare meter of wire gauge if each mesh is 8mm long and 5mm wide ?
(a) 2500 (b) 25000 (c) 250 (d) 250000 (Ans B)
59. x% of y is y% of ?
(a) x/y (b) 2y (c) x (d) can't be determined Ans. C
60. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife reduce theconsumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before ?
(a) 15% (b) 16.66% (c) 12% (d) 9% (Ans B)